How to contact PICC team for malpositioned line

From Clinical Guide Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Please call the PICC nurses on any study where you are recommending repositioning.

  • Use the phone to call Vocera (7-8000 and 'call vascular access').
  • Otherwise : NAC (7-5865) and the message can be given to them. There is always a NAC in house.

If you are reading a follow up where the PICC has migrated, you can just call the nurse caring for the patient and let them know the the PICC needs to be adjusted and they can get a hold of the PICC team, or if you feel so inclined, you can just call vascular access directly on these patients too. I would recommend documenting who you talked to and the time. -Khalil