Protocol for who reads Outreach studies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Per Kara Gill:
- Any outpatients < 18 yo of age who have a CT ordered should be flagged for specific review and protocol by the Community Radiologist.
- As per ALARA, all imaging options not involving radiation should be explored first. If there is a persistent indication for CT or the reasoning by the ordering provider is unclear, then the Community Radiologist should discuss with the ordering provider.
- If there are any persistent questions by the Community Rad, then a direct discussion with the pediatric Radiologist should take place.
- CT Head for NAT scan from ED – just scan per protocol. Call 263-0671 M-F 8-4:30. Afterhours, call 263-6461 to talk with resident on call. Resident will contact peds rad on call to review/sign off on study.
- NICU/Newborn Nursery:
- Head, Neck, facial bone, t bones, spine: needs protocol by UW neuroradiology: Peds Neuro Reading Room 890-7158. Main Neuro reading room: 263-8623
- Anything else goes to Pediatric Radiology to protocol. Call reading room 263-0671. Afterhours, call 263-6461 to talk with resident on call.